World Political Opinions of D.L. Siluk [II]

The Chilling macabre imagination of today's world offers a growing reputation as 'Tomorrow's Master of Horror,' TV programs, here are some of my opinions on the subject [or issues as they present themselves] D.L. Siluk

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oil: A world Crisis Coming (soon)

Oil: a World Crisis

I don’t think anyone really wants to read this article, but I think they should, we got a growing world crisis on hand. I will not live to see it all the way through most likely, but the younger generation wills, those just under me by
Twenty years, and I’m 60-years old, the beginning of the crisis will start in 2010, yes soon. And by 2020, it will be a full fledged crisis, and by 2040, it will be black Sunday or close to it—empty. Let me explain the world oil crisis to the best of my knowledge, and I am not an oil expert, nor do you or me need to be, but I am learned in reading and writing, and can read the signs of the times, and graphs pretty well. So the data I am going to supple is pretty up to date stuff.

From the year 1997, we have perhaps (claimed anyway) 40-years of oil left underground in the world—depending on a few items, and looks like there will not be any conservation in the near future. The reason we got 40-years of oil, and not 30-years oil is because from 1980 to 1990 the world conserved oil, 50-billion barrels of oil. We did something right for once.
According to the Ph.D.’s in the oil business out there we have a 40,000-million-barrels (4 BBO/year x 10 years) (BBO =Billion Barrels of Oil)), that world oil production can and will use, beyond this, there is no more. From 1930 to 1997, we used 838-billion barrels of oil.
OPEC produces for the world about 10-billion barrels of oil a year, and they want to up that in the next few years. The world uses about 25-billion barrels a year. So you can see the future at this rate will hit a zenith of usage by 2010, over 30+ billion barrels a year. We must remember there is not an endless supply.
In 1979, the world used 64 MMBD (Million Barrels of Oil a Day), by 2010 it will be 85 MMBD. By 2020, if we do not conserve at 35 MMBD, we are going into a vortex of some kind of unthinkable crisis, we will have to conserve, be forced to, a barrel may be over 300+ by that time. I do not drive while in Lima, or Huancayo Peru: WHY? To conserve, plus it is cheaper to use a taxi or bus. Thus, I can buy more food.
What I am really saying is this: we are going to witness soon something beyond the world’s experience, and it is later than you think; government’s best plan on an oil supply crisis, not trying to figure out how to land on Mars. We got to figure out how to live the next generation out.

The question I somewhat answered previously, I will make clear again: when will worldwide oil demand exceed global oil supply, this question is overlook by everybody in the business, and its users, but I see a prediction date at 2010-2014.
I do not want to blame any country or anybody for the coming crises, these pointing fingers is not going to do any good, nor solve the problem. We all can come up with good reasons for sucking the earth dry of oil, but my suggestion is, let the big boys figure this out, and figure it out soon, so the well doesn’t go dry before you get to the gas station.
If we were to add future discoveries of oil, it would look insignificant, but we can look at it, perhaps two-billion barrows a year will be discovered, so the experts say, and this can be stretched out for 60-years, but it really doesn’t change much. At the rate we are going now, 85-billion barrels a year, it is two and half years of oil, and that is “if” we find new oil. And at this point, you will be able to buy the gas station building for a full tank of gas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home