World Political Opinions of D.L. Siluk [II]

The Chilling macabre imagination of today's world offers a growing reputation as 'Tomorrow's Master of Horror,' TV programs, here are some of my opinions on the subject [or issues as they present themselves] D.L. Siluk

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cho Seug-Hui, vs. Gun Control

Cho Seung-Hui, vs. Gun Control


All the gun control people are going to run on this one I suppose, let it rest, I do not see any room for an argument here. A non American shot a lot of people perhaps with two guns; guns he got legally, and had he not got them, the old story goes, he would have anyhow. But the other side of the story is also is worth looking at, seldom brought out too, had some of the students guns of their own, the story might be a little different today. I am from Minnesota, and have a Permit to carry a gun, and in most cases I feel safer with it than not. And when in a store, I’m sure the robber doesn’t know who has a gun and who doesn’t in Minnesota, and so he has to guess, but once you put gun control into the issue to the point of restricting it to mostly law enforcement, the bad guy knows he has no competition, he is free to do as he pleases.
I also have a license to carry in Peru. I took a psychological test, and a shooting test, and a three day background test, and was given one. And again, with my ailments, I’m glad I got one, because it would be hard for me to defend myself otherwise, nowadays. The robber picks on women, old folks, and those a tinge lame, he or she does not fool around with the strong and able, and gun totting fellow; the same thing for dug addicts. This is a very sad case, happening of course, and will take long to heal for the families involved, and I am sad for them. Not sure if there is really an understanding to all this killing, people want to analyze it. Anger out of control, is often displaced. And anger will come out one way or another; fortunately, there were signs, but unfortunately, nobody paid much attention to them except a teacher that could do little about it. In this case, the killer had too many rights, with out responsibility to balance them. A psychological test would have helped prior to purchasing those guns, and a three day wait to review the sale (in Peru, the even keep your gun under lock and key until the test is reviewed, and the score in the shooting is complete). I guess I don’t call that gun control, simply normal precautions, like getting a drivers license, you just don’t get it when you apply for it, there is a process. No man or woman should be denied a gun, if indeed he shows a pattern of cooperation and responsibility, and pass the tests (our 2nd Amendment says so).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home