World Political Opinions of D.L. Siluk [II]

The Chilling macabre imagination of today's world offers a growing reputation as 'Tomorrow's Master of Horror,' TV programs, here are some of my opinions on the subject [or issues as they present themselves] D.L. Siluk

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Just Words: Bone-head words

Just Words: Bone-head words


One must consider the value in writing for modern man, men of the 21st century, the new commentator—“Sweep the temple steps clean,” he says, “the tourist needs to see the shrine and get on back home,” to catch a plane here or there.
In each age there is a need to write, people want to see words daily, they want to know how to use them, and the why of them. I am no different; I’ve read the encyclopedia three times over. When I go to Peru, I don’t have one there, and I seem to be lost without it. I perhaps read and write five hours a day while traveling, and 10 or more when I am not traveling.
We simple do not seem to get enough out of words do we, and this essay is about words, plus we do not get enough of them, even though a simple book may have 30,000 to 130,000-words, depending. And the words don’t always justly satisfy ones reading, it is a task, but we do it, plus, everyone has his or her own versions do they not, of what they’ve read, and who knows, perhaps the write didn’t mean what you thought.
The mind of the East worries about the minds of the west, and the south is suspicious of all, and it all has to do with, words, all about words you see. And somewhere along the line we create our impressions from these words, perhaps some illusions along with them, we call the other guy with words, his opinions, he is hard-headed, or bone-headed, or a dead-head because his head doesn’t think like your head.

I am not suggesting what should be, nor what is concrete or simply exhausting for me or you, writing is simply communications service, a production of merchandise for the book trade, or paper, or magazine, and now the internet, it is most often the editor who determines what is important, this is what will be communicated. If indeed he says you’re not confining to this or that, he is perhaps waiting for a need for this or that.
Today the whole world is bathed in a struggle to get words out, knowledge of things come from words that define those things. And so the world begs for more words.
I prefer not to write to the new modern world, but in considering the value in my age-old thinking, perhaps each age has their needs, and my words have value. So this aging poet writes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home