World Political Opinions of D.L. Siluk [II]

The Chilling macabre imagination of today's world offers a growing reputation as 'Tomorrow's Master of Horror,' TV programs, here are some of my opinions on the subject [or issues as they present themselves] D.L. Siluk

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Iraq’s Death Row for: Samar Saed Abudullan: CNN and Amnesty International Interfere

Iraq’s Death Row for: Samar Saed Abudullan: CNN and Amnesty International Interfere


BAGHDAD, Iraq CNN has decided to published Samar Saed Abudullan’s death row case (along with others), not sure why, but it looks like Amnesty International has also got involved. Before I get too much in this ‘pure opinion,’ article of mine, I am writing; let me tell you how I feel in a flash flooded way. I belonged to Amnesty International once, and I always found out when they got involved, they never told the public, or me the whole story, just wanted support from me, and everybody else. So I’ve learned not to trust their data all that much, nor their intent. And for CNN, I like their news, although in this case I think they are not only slanted, but gullible, if not naive to take this as serious as they have.
The woman in question, Samar, is innocent, so she says, and in her case, who would not say the same. She of course blames her husband, who cannot voice his opinion because he has run off, as I would do have done if I was him, most likely. And do they torture in Iraq? Most likely, but where do they not? China, Russia and the good old USA, all torture, so who can really know. Anyhow, the question might be, why did she stay with a man that carried out killings? Why did she not report him? She blames the judge for doing his job, if you kill someone, you should not be free to kill again, and run back to the husband you protected during those so called innocent days your husband killed at will, and you never notified the police about. If you are living with a killer, you are just as he is, not innocent. They say Iraq has the 4th highest execution rate, not sure which one is the first, but I’m all for it if it stops my neighbor from coming over and doing me in. Amnesty says ‘…such claims are not uncommon in Iraq,’ nor are such killings, with the assistance of a spouse. They add, “(in Iraq there are) …flawed trials and coerced confessions.’ That is an obvious statement, and then they imply ‘(these death sentences) …failed to meet international fair trial standards.’ Here we go again, whose standards? The west, the east or America’s or Europe’s, and if it is the UN’s standards, nobody really pays attention to them, now do they. So a standard in one country may suite the country, where in essence, it does not in another, or the UN’s standard. As of today, the world is not completely polarized, that is if you are not a coke or MacDonald’s hamburger.
CNN and Amnesty International seem to not like the idea of Capitol Punishment (which is a personal opinion of theirs, and mine) which was reinstated into Iraq in 2004 legally, just like in America, when it was originally abolished in 2003—but they make a moral issue of this, when it is not, it is a self-governing issue of that country. And since then 270-people have been sentenced to death, so their data banks say. How many people did the 270-criminals kill? Perhaps 2270, or 10,000, who knows, they don’t give those statistics, as I expected. I also understand two of the women have their children with them, on death row (which is really a plea for mercy), this is good, so they can say goodbye when the time comes, and perhaps they can teach them, killing is not a good thing.
I am not putting in all the data here either, just like CNN and Amnesty International, and the folks on death row, whom I’m sure have a one sided story. And thus, people can say about me: he only looks at one side, and perhaps they are right, but the side I look at is more practical than theirs. They are looking at a side that enables the criminal to continue, if released, to go home to kill again, and regroup with their husbands, the ones they blamed for everything.
Written 5-9-2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home