World Political Opinions of D.L. Siluk [II]

The Chilling macabre imagination of today's world offers a growing reputation as 'Tomorrow's Master of Horror,' TV programs, here are some of my opinions on the subject [or issues as they present themselves] D.L. Siluk

Friday, February 02, 2007

Global Climate Change: we need Psycological Scientists

On Global Change: We Need Psycological Scientistgs

I just can’t take it anymore, dump, silly, if not foolish, statements, by the so called high paid scientists giving us old news, when it is psychological drama that is needed. We got the official report from IPCC (the International folks), and Green Peace and a few others saying:

“Global climate change is "very likely" to have a human cause, an influential group of scientists has concluded.”

I’m not sure how long and how much this report cost, but I could have told you 20-years ago this every something free, I mean it is something we all, already knew. They (the scientists) even go back to 1750, to document their findings. Again I say, 20-years I heard this, and for twenty-years, it has been in Newspapers, on TV, in Magazines, on the Radio, but now this week, it’s an official report from IPCC, thus, written in stone. My gosh how lucky can we be to get this report))they even add the future temperatures will rise; this might be good for a lot of house holds in the far northern part of the world). No one cared about it 20-years ago, and not many do today.
It reminds me of smoking. I’m 59-years old. I smoked for 22 of them, and have stopped for 22-of them; I started smoking when I was 15-years old, everyone back then (1962) was talking about how bad cigarette smoking was. Then down the road of life, they made folks put “Danger” signs on the packs of cigarettes, as if we didn’t know it was bad for our health; of course we all knew, but like food, we liked to smoke. Then the National, and official stamp was put onto the packages, upgrading its concern, saying, “For sure we know…it is bad for your health (something like that).” But that didn’t stop me, nor many of my friends. What did was, it cost too much, and I wanted to travel, I had better things to do with my money. Thus, one must find something better to replace the something we must grieve, and let go of, if indeed we wish to let go of it; sometimes it is better to hang onto a bad habit, such as smoking, than to suffer its consequences (and there can be some). Yes, I said grieve, that is what we got to do with cigarettes, just like drinking, or gambling, or any bad habit; even moving from a house or apartment we’ve had a long relationship with needs to be grieved.
And so, if we want to stop the modern world from contaminating the atmosphere, we will have to come up with something better to occupy us with, and not so called, Environment Programmers, or Green Peace folks, telling us what we already know.

To change a persons actions, attitudes, you first must change his formal reasoning…scientist or not, this is human nature speaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home